A Path to Follow

Parents leave prints on their children's lives...from years before conception to every second of the day.

Thursday, April 3, 2014

Car & Cookies


Elijah: "Mommy, I'm going to buy you something."
Me: "Ok. What?"
Elijah: "A car. To race with."
Me: "Thank you."
Elijah: "A yellow car...like mine."
(Elijah runs off to his room and comes back.)
Elijah: "Here." 
(Elijah hands me nothing.)
Elijah: "It's not fixed yet."
(Elijah bangs on the floor and 'fixes' it.)
Elijah: "You're welcome, Mommy."


It's time to bake cookies so I gave Eva the only measuring cup that I wouldn't be using. She's such a good baker!



I measured and Elijah poured all of the ingredients. I explained what a recipe is and even let him open and dump the soften sticks of butter. He also counted when we had 3/4 or 2 cups to dump.



Then we took turns stirring the dough. He liked to bang the spoon more than stir it.



My minor mistake was giving him a spoonful of cookie dough. He put it all in his mouth at once. I should have given him a couple small bites instead.



Eva's by the back door getting some fresh air. "I'm a good helper!" she says.

No comments:

Post a Comment