A Path to Follow

Parents leave prints on their children's lives...from years before conception to every second of the day.

Thursday, October 9, 2014

Box Lunch Box Restaurant


I ordered some clothes for my birthday which means we have another box in the house. The kids immediately started trying to open the box and climbing all over it.



Elijah loves playing with cars...or trains...or anything with wheels. He put his ramps on the box and had the cars driving in, out, and all around the box.



Oatmeal for lunch. I gave Eva two spoons and let her feed herself. I put oatmeal on the spoons then set them on her tray. She did a great job at getting the spoon to her mouth.



Elijah's lunch was chili dogs with mac and cheese. He ate it all. We're sort of healthy - he had an apple for morning snack.



They ended up in the box together. Eva kept trying to take Elijah's toys. He doesn't like that.




The kids play restaurant at day care every day. It's one of their favorite games. The other game they play is 'baby' which is Sommer being the mom, Elijah being the dad, and Guillermo being the baby. At home today Elijah wants to play restaurant...

Elijah: *sticks his head out the box window* What do you want?
Me: Uhh, to eat?
Elijah: Yes.
Me: I'll have a cheeseburger, fries, and Pepsi.
Elijah: Uhh, we're all out.
Me: You're out of everything?
Elijah: Yes.
Me: Ok, I'm going somewhere else.
Elijah: Ok, bye!
Me: ???
Elijah: Oh, we have Pepsi.
Me: Ok, I'll take a Pepsi.
Elijah: *hands me a pretend Pepsi*
Me: How much is it?
Elijah: What?
Me: Do I have to pay for it?
Elijah: It costs money.
Me: How much money?
Elijah: $4
Me: *hands Elijah pretend money*
Elijah: And here's a cheeseburger. It costs money. It's $5.
Me: *hands Elijah pretend money*
Elijah: What do you want?
Me: Umm, I'm full.
Elijah: *pleads with his eyes for me to make another order*
Me: I guess I'll have a milkshake.
Elijah: Here you go. *hands me pretend milkshake*
Me: How much is it?
Elijah: $50
Me: What? Buddy, I can't afford a milkshake. *tries to give Elijah pretend milkshake back*
Elijah: ??
Me: Can it be lower?
Elijah: Um, $4
Me: Thank you.
Elijah: You want something else or are you full?
Me: I'm full.

However, I also ended up getting chicken nuggets with dip and more chicken nuggets. Eva had mac and cheese and spaghetti because they were out of bananas.

No comments:

Post a Comment